I think that I’ve got it. I live on my own terms.
No, I’m not rich (yet), and yes, there are things in my life that I would like to change. But that’s not what I’m talking about.
I’m talking about being you. I’m talking about taking your own decisions. I’m talking about not taking decisions based on shame, fear or anger. And yes, you can congratulate me. I’ve got it! I’ve done it! I’ve reached that point!
I don’t know if you have done it. Many people around me just complain. But do nothing about it. I’ve learned to stop complaining and instead of that, dedicating my energy to change things. To try new things. To keep the ones that work and discard the ones that don’t.
Do you want to know how you can change it? Do you want to know some ways to begin to Live On Your Own Terms? Here’s how:
- Change your mind. You can’t do different things if you start with the same mind. Things are going to change, it will take some effort, and time, and maybe money. Think about it from the beginning, before you start. Starting doesn’t worth it if you are not going to keep on doing your thing when things get tough.
- Open your mind. New opportunities come when you stop seeing life as always. They appear when you stop judging and begin to think “why not?” and “how could that…?” Don’t reject things from the beginning (except if they harm you, obviously). Just think about it. Give them a chance.
- Begin to do things. Different things. Even the little ones. But do them.
- Listen to other people, but follow your own instinct. Don’t build your life around other people, just around yourself. Don’t build your life around other people’s opinions.
- Don’t be afraid to be wrong or make mistakes. Life is about learning. And we are always learning, until we die. You don’t always know everything. We sometimes need to learn. It’s what takes you from ignorant to excellent. That’s what they say: “The more you do, the more you fail. The one who doesn’t fail is the one who does nothing”.
- Begin to define what you really want, what makes you happy. And give yourself permission to surround you with it. Without judgment, without limits.
These ones are just some of the little tips that you can follow in order to live your life on your own terms. Do you want more? Then, take a look at this